Gurugram: DTCP directs Chintels India to shift tower E, F residents & pay rent
GURUGRAM: The department of town and country planning (DTCP) on Wednesday directed the developer of Chintels Paradiso in Sector 109 to shift residents of towers E and F of the residential project with immediate effect.
In a letter to Chintels India, the developer, district town planner (enforcement) Manish Yadav said it has to provide monthly rentals to residents of these two towers at the rate of Rs 15 per square foot. He said the developer will have to execute a rental agreement for the period of 11 months and pay rent till the settlement of the claims of the residents.
Yadav further said the rent for six months will have to be paid immediately. “Also, a lump sum amount of Rs 40,000 will be paid to each flat owner of these two towers as shifting charges,” he added. In the letter, the DTP further said Chintels will have to sign an agreement within 10 days.
Talking to TOI, Yadav said both these towers have been declared unsafe for living after a structural audit by IIT-Delhi. “We have directed the builder to shift the residents of both towers and settle them on a temporary basis. We also appeal to the residents to shift from these towers in view of their safety with immediate effect,” he added.
A Chintels spokesperson said the company has been complying with the directions of district administration and other authorities concerned. “We have been seeking the district administration’s intervention in vacating the towers for the safety of residents. We will follow the guidelines issued by DTCP regarding rentals of Rs 15 sq ft to tower E and F residents,” he added.
On February 16, Yadav had directed the developer to get the flats in the two towers vacated with “immediate effect”, days after the district administration said the two buildings were unfit for living and cited an IIT report highlighting structural defects in them.
This is the third time that the developer has been asked to get the two towers vacated. On November 10 last year, then district town planner Amit Madholia had issued such an order after complaints from residents about construction defects and sagging of balconies. The developer was asked to submit a timeline and the process to be adopted for vacating the flats within five days.
But the residents — around 42 families — refused to leave the flats, citing lack of an acceptable compensation. The developer then wrote to deputy commissioner Nishant Yadav seeking his intervention.